Are We Smarter than Our Smart Devices?

This post is probably a little more on the personal side that what I normally do.  I feel so compelled to do it though.

Most of you know that my life IS my kids and my hubby.  I would be no where and no one without them.  I BEYOND adore them and I would do anything I could to ensure that they were safe.  Not just physically safe, but mentally, spiritually, emotionally, you name it.... safe!

The hardest part of being a mom is realizing when you are not perfect.  I know.... not me, right?!?  ;)

Greg and I have done everything we know about teaching our kids to do the right thing, how to avoid trouble, etc.  We have healthy guidelines, we take parenting classes.  We home school, we teach them to budget their money.  We have raised them in the church, we have raised them with a love for Jesus.  We go to public awareness and school events, we strive to be the best darn parents we can.  Heck, we even buy the sugar cereal and mix it 50/50 with the healthy stuff.  The perfect balance of fun yet healthy.

We aren't perfect.  We overlooked one teeny little thing.  The smart phone.  Dang it!

We NEVER thought about the need for parental filters or locks or stuff because the internet is out in the open, they know all about internet evils and how to avoid them, we thought we mastered that little thing called the web, and well, let's face it.... we've raised them right, right?  Wrong.

The enemy can sneak in and get in there before you know it.  Be alert and be PRO active!  Even just looking through the app store can expose them to something you'd really rather they not see.  Dang it!

Here's a few things I found that you should check into for a little more control over what those stupid smart devices can do.


For the iPhone...
For the iPod...
For the Droid....

There's plenty of info out there, just look for it.  USE IT!  If you want to take it to another level of accountability, here is a group called X3Watch that a friend of mine uses and has lots of good things to say about it.

Love your kids.  More than you already do :)

Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts