Days of Summer...

So today marks an unusual turn of events for me.  It's the first day of school.  Not for me haha, for my kids :)  No more summer.  It's not any ordinary "first day of school" either.  My oldest started college today and my middle started high school (public high school).  Thankfully, I still have two more years with my youngest here but she's asking about 8th grade.... we are praying.

Yes.  I cried.  I drove away and silently let the evidence fall.

It's the strangest thing, this feeling of not really being this grown up yet knowing that somehow, because I have a child in stinkin' COLLEGE, and another there in 4yrs, that I must have grown up somehow, at some point.

I have determined, that I will continue to deny it as long as possible.  Maybe I'm actually a Benjamin Button in disguise.  My poor children ;)

For today, I found solace in sunflowers, new phone apps and Instagram.  All is well with the world, for now anyway  :)




Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts