The McCormack Family Reunion ~ aka FAMJAM 2012!

Generations exist, family bonds go beyond the stretch of time.  Children are born.  Grandchildren wrap everyone around their little fingers.... and, as time goes by and they eventually will become the parents.

The McCormack Family has been in the making for 45 years.  What a feat in this day and age to be able to celebrate such a momentous occasion

Bruce and Leslie's daughter, Jessica, contacted me and told me that her family was going to celebrate their parent's 45th wedding anniversary during their family reunion and they wanted to capture this surprise party through photos.  She told me that Ellen Klostermann Peeples of Ellen's Media gave her my name and when she told me they were doing a luau and were hoping to roast a whole pig..... I knew immediately we were gonna have a BLAST!  Ellen, I can't thank you enough for recommending me :)

 Tucked away in the Hill Country, right off Lake LBJ,  Log Country Cove, was the perfect location.  The "Rock'n J" is just one of the many stunning log cabins available for just such a gathering.  There is never a lack of anything to do while visiting here.

When I arrived and was told for about 15 minutes that I looked JUST like Aunt Erin.... I started wondering if I truly had been switched at birth ;)  Low and behold, who would have known I'd meet my twin for the first time at a family reunion?!  It's such an uncanny resemblance, that as I was processing the session, I even caught myself a few times wondering how I ended up in the frame, when I was the one shooting!

From the short time I got to hang with them, I could tell that not only do they play hard, they love hard!  This family was so much fun!!!  I got hugged on from the minute I stepped through the door, till the moment I said my goodbyes.  I seriously loved this family!

Bruce and Leslie... ya done good!  When I asked Bruce what the secret to his 45 year marriage was, he answered with a twinkle in his eye... "I've made it 45yrs by getting the last word in.... 'Yes Ma'am!' "  :D

I had such a great time with you all!!!!  If you decide to celebrate your 50th in our little neck of the woods again, call me!  I'd love to come hang with y'all again :)



Go check out Log Country Cove!  Our church does baptisms there when the weather is good.  It's a wonderful place and Mina and Gary are more than happy to help you with anything you need.

Jessica did such a great job decorating!  TOTALLY fun!





The PIG!  I've never seen a pig in a pit before.... it was a pretty cool experience!  Forewarning any vegans and animal rights activists..... I did take pictures of the pig.  I could never pass up that opportunity!



Jessica's littlest one had just turned "1" so it was a multifaceted celebration :)

This family has to be one of the huggiest families I've ever seen :)  My kinda crew!




Look at that GORGEOUS smile!  Jess, you look just like your mom and you both are simply stunning, especially in a lei :)


The kids had a FANTASTIC time playing in the pool!  In fact, it was a teeny challenge to get them willing get out and do group shots, lol!  Who could blame them?!?



Jess's future sis-in-law is also nanny to her bitty one.  Such a sweet bond these two had :)

This one practically became a fish :)

The kids were so precious!  This little guy wanted me to take a picture of his special treasure, his key.  Little did he know, the treasure I was really aiming for was those gorgeous eyes of his!

ADORABLE!

Now.... this should give you an idea of how crazy and fun this family is!(Check out Aunt Erin, aka my doppelganger, on the lower right....WHOA!)

Hard to believe we actually caught this!  No sooner did they lift the baby, everyone came crashing down, lol!!!


I love all the laughter that mingled throughout the day, hearty, full of love and life.  I LOVE that kind of laughter :)

Leslie, I can tell how you won Bruce's heart.... you are simply beautimous!


What a beautiful family :)

And check out the entire crew!

It came to my attention that not only were we celebrating a 45th wedding anniversary, AND a 1yr old birthday, we were ALSO celebrating an engagement!!!!  How awesome is that?????  We even pulled of a mini session with them as well :)


There is nothing sweeter than the bond of a momma and her kiddos.  I miss my babies being this little.  They are so precious at this age!


Nothing like a little tattoo treasure to increase your willingness to get your picture taken, teehee.  I want to know where mine was though? ;)



The pig finale!  Nope, not an apple but an onion in his mouth, a wee bit creepy looking but pretty darned cool I must say!  They insisted that I bring some home with me, yum!  The kids were dying when I pulled it out and they got to try it :)

Erin, my twin, was busy grilling some pineapple and it smelled and LOOKED scrumptious!  She proceeded to tell me that Jess was the Martha Stewart of the fam and that she is amazing at this stuff.  Getting to trade hair secrets with Erin and cooking secrets from Jess was by far one of the coolest things I got to do that night :) 

When we scheduled the session, I had told Jessica about the golden hour and that it's my favorite time to shoot.  Since it's summer, we didn't get to shoot the whole session during that time of day, but as I was leaving, I caught a glimpse of that glorious sun filtering it's way through and I had to pull the camera back out to catch this last shot.  LOVE!

Headed back home, I was able to pull over at Lookout Mountain and grab a quicky shot just as that summer sun fell below the horizon.  The perfect end to a perfect evening.  Thanks Jess for sharing your family with me for a few hours.  I truly enjoyed every moment of it :)  Congratulations Bruce and Leslie!  You're an inspiration.




Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. Thank you for capturing the special moments in our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts