The Town Cryer.....

Such a strange sensation.  This house.  Today.  So quiet, with the exception of one child that is silently doing her video school in the other room.  A strange realization just hit me... if she goes to public school next year, at this time of day, it will only be me and the dogs.  In 18yrs of having children, this will be the first time I won't have anyone at home, all day long.

It's so quiet, I keep waiting for the town cryer to approach any moment only to holler out the emptiest of words... "SEVEN O'CLOCK AND ALLLLLLLLLLLL'S WHELLLLLLLL!!!!!"

Even though my heart is heavy with the silence, I know that "all's well" because Jesus promises that it is. In the everlasting pen of Horatio Spafford, "It (or All for my needs today) Is Well With My Soul".  This is my song for today.  Especially since I seem to be the one playing the role of town cryer this week.









Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts