Treats, Indulgences and Minuscule Permissions

I am frugal.  Those of you that know me, know that I'm not just frugal, I'm dang frugal!  I will buy generic everything and will go to great strides to prove that they are just as good as the brand name.  In fact, we've even done a blind taste test with my hubby and coffee.  Since he had a 50/50 chance of choosing the brand name product, our experiment didn't turn out quite like I had expected.  We need to have more than two cups of coffee next time ;)

I did get him on syrup once though, now that was FUNNY!

Why so frugal?  Why generic all the time?  When my hubby and I started our pest control business, we started with nothing.  In fact, it was so bad, we actually had to get assistance from the state.  That stunk!  I hated it!  Grateful for it, but hated it none-the-less.  Even though that was a long time ago, I still tend to act like I grew up during the Great Depression.  Because of our previous need to live excruciatingly frugal lives, I have a tendency to not treat myself to anything, unless it's the bargain of all bargains and I only paid a dollar for it, teehee!  In fact, I tend to be very proud of some amazing purchases that I just KNOW God throws my way :)  He has covered us from the beginning and it tickles me pink when He blesses us.

Well, because of my frugaliciousness and the fact that old habits die hard, buying big prints of my work, kids pictures, etc, just doesn't happen.

I have dreamed of treating myself to this, but I just can never seem to allow myself to spend the money. I have ALWAYS wanted a gallery wrap and heaven forbid, I would love to have it of one of my nature black and whites and not the fam!  That'd be a big no-no in my frugal-fart brain.

Well, forget that!  I have finally decided to go for it, lol!  I EVEN decided to do one of my favorite rose shots and hang it in my room :)  A 24x30 gallery wrap :D  YAY!!!  It's not as gigantic as I'd like it to be, but I think it will fit the wall nicely and maybe someday..... someday I'll give myself permission to get a  big ole', mama jama, 30x40 :D

I couldn't decide which rose I wanted, so I utilized a FAB template (forgive me, I can't for the life of me remember where I got it) to not only see what size I wanted, but to get an idea of how it would look on the wall.  This is a wonderful service that I am happy to provide to my clients as well.  It's so incredibly helpful!

These are the two prints I'm deciding between...

I thought I wanted to use this image...

Then I thought about this one...  The images below helped me totally figure it out :D

I love being able to utilize this template, it's AMAZING!  Look at how tiny that 5x7 is!

I think that this may be the rose I decide on.  I am SOOO glad I decided to do this, can't WAIT to see it hangin'on my wall :D




Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. Good for you! I got canvases of all our individual shots and I love them! I'd love to get one my "artsy" shots printed, but I A) can't decide what I'd want because I'm too critical of my work and B) am frugal when it comes to buying stuff for me to the point where it hurts to squeeze out even a dollar on myself! lol Kudos to you for going for it! And personally - I love the second image. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excitedly awaiting the results of the hanging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, your work is amazing! I hope you do one of your artsy pieces :) Alisa, I'll be sure to post, lol! The room needs tape, texture, paint and all that still but shoot, why not start with the jewelry, haha! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts