Revealing the Heart

Today is honesty day. Today didn't start out well. Woke up frantically realizing my son had missed the bus. His homework still needed to be printed. Printer no.1 was out of ink. Printer no.2 was not working properly and refused to print the 7th page (must not have had it's coffee this morning).

So bolting out the door, grabbed the dogs (mistake #1,591). Headed to the school; in my pj's and fuzzy flip flop slippers (mistake #1,592).

I knew it was coming... I needed a walk with God, fuzzy slippers and all. After dropping my son off (and ducking LOW), I headed to the lake. Major fog had rolled in and sat as heavily on the water as my week was sitting on my heart.

Funny thing, when I got lakeside, the fog had almost completely disappeared. It got me thinking.

Thinking about why my heart was so heavy. What could I do to get it to dissipate as so many water molecules had just done.

Turn the other cheek. That was His answer. I don't think I did that very well yesterday. I (as sweetly as I could mind you, ya right) decided to "inform" someone of the wrong they did. And called her out. Hmmm. Probably not what God had in mind :(

Maybe, just maybe turning the other cheek doesn't mean to turn and let them hit the other side of your face...

Maybe it means to turn around (turn the "other" cheek; sorry, serious subject / bad joke) and walk away. Put it behind you. Walk toward Him and never look back.

Guess I still have lessons to learn. Glad He only had to use fog this time.



Comments

  1. I need fog lessons instead of those 2 x 4's upside my head.

    Good lesson! I need to mull it over AND apply it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the heart of flesh.... gah! Hate it! I think He got tired of using the 2x4's on me. He tried all week. I made my mistake and the damage has been done. Praying she will be able to forgive me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts