Walk With God: Living Water and Rainbow Promises

During my Community Bible Study core group, we were going over our latest lesson in John, the woman at the well.

One of the questions required us to list the properties and purposes of water and relate them both physically and spiritually.

At the end of our discussion (LOVED the question btw), I totally felt the Lord press upon my heart about the nature of a rainbow.  You MUST have water for the light to filter through in order to create a rainbow.  Light = God, Living Water = Jesus, Rainbow = God's Promise of salvation...  I love how He uses such cool symbolism to relay simple truth.  So awesome!

What a great God we serve!

Ergo the reason for this image....  I was going through some OLD images and found it (I actually took this just over 3 years ago).  What a great reminder He gave me.  The reminder of His promises.  Incredible to see what He's done since the day this was taken.

One of my most favorite quotes by Don Giannatti adds so much to today's Walk with God...

"Light. It is a substance that we cannot smell, touch or hear.
Can we see it?
No... we can only see what it reflects from.
The subject defines the light...
we cannot see the light in transit from source to subject,
only what the subject reveals,
after the light has come into contact with it."

This is only an old CD, sprayed with water... I was just messing around and playing with bokeh.
I had no idea the gorgeousness He would show me through a few drops of water :)


Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. I am so glad you expounded on yesterday's question - and your answer:) Beautiful and creative rainbow, BTW - just like you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for expounding on yesterday's answer! Beautiful and creative rainbow BTW, just like you, my friend:)
    Willa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts