Burnet, TX: Main Street Bethlehem

It's been several years since we've been to Main Street Bethlehem.  In fact, I don't know if I've been since I really started my business.  That's so sad.  There are actually a few things that I haven't done for a while.  New Year's Resolution [sorta kinda].... Do them now.

The little city north of us, is host to a wonderful event every first and second weekend in December.  First Baptist Church of Burnet owns a small plot of land that while in city center, you are transported back in time to Bethlehem itself.

You'll walk among beggars, peddlers, Roman soldiers and shepherds.  Shepherds will suddenly appear, proclaiming at the top of their voices, "Messiah has been born!!!".

You'll make your way thorough crowded streets, animals, and the inn.  As you leave the crowded streets, out amidst the rocky crags, lies a cave... a quiet cave, save for the gentle sounds of a lamb.  THE Lamb.

Merry Christmas.  May you seek Messiah, the TRUE Messiah this Christmas.



























 















  






Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. I went last night with friends from Pflugerville who had never been. We got there at 6:30pm and the line was already 6 blocks long. I chose to stay in line for a little bit but then leave to come home. I haven't heard if my friends stayed but none of them had to go to work today so I am guessing they stayed. One person told us we were at the point in the line it would take about 2.5 hours to get to the front of the line. We went about 1 block in 40 minutes with five more blocks to go.

    Glad you took pics so I could see what I missed. It has been over 10 years since I went to it. Really added a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line was pretty long (wrapped down the square) when we got there at 7:45. We almost left but so glad we stayed! I was a little worried about getting in but then I just knew in my spirit that God would make the line move with enough fervor for us to get in :D He's so faithful, even in the little things!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts