Marble Falls Senior Photographer ~ Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn's story starts years ago.  Generations ago actually.  Kaitlyn is an amazing girl!  Talented beyond words, sweet as can be and with a voice that begs to be heard.  Kaitlyn's story is one that most people don't even have the slightest grasp on.  Kaitlyn has Marfan's.

Kaitlyn's life has been turned upside down because of it.  Marfan syndrome is a genetic connective tissue disorder.  It affects the skeletal system, cardiovascular system, eyes and skin.  It's generally passed down genetically but it can spontaneously happen.  The biggest issue with Marfan is the heart.  Let's just say, basically, it's not fun.

Kaitlyn lost her mother to Marfan several years ago and she herself has recently struggled physically with the disorder as well.  In fact, this session was supposed to happen about two years ago but because of her situation and recent surgeries... it kinda got put on hold.  I'm thrilled to finally be able to tell her story and help spread the word.

When I learned what Kaitlyn had, I was curious to learn more and when I did, I soon realized it might be hitting closer to home then I expected.  After looking into Marfan, I discovered that my son shows many similar characteristics and we are currently in the process of determining if this is truly the case.  We have an appointment in place with a geneticist and come mid-August... well, let's just say I hope we hear the word, "negative".  If not, then we still know God has a plan and we can trust Him.  Seeing Kaitlyn persevere and keep going strong, I know we can make it through this.

Even though Kaitlyn deals with Marfan on a daily basis, she is beyond strong and continues to move toward the dreams God has placed in her heart.  Kaitlyn is an amazing girl!  Talented beyond words, sweet as can be... and with a voice that begs to be heard.

Please consider supporting Marfan Syndrome research here
(special thanks to Rouchelle of Beautiful Reflections for Kaitlyn's hair and makeup!)






























Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts