Fields of Flowers and Butterflies

It's amazing the things that will give you butterflies in your tummy.  A major roller coaster ride, the kiss on your wedding day, heading out to photograph a field of flowers... the usual ;)

I haven't been out shooting any of our spring flowers yet and my body has been craving it!  I was so excited last night that I had butterflies bursting out of my belly and my hands were shaking!  With photography, who needs drugs?!?

I have been driving past this GORGEOUS field the last few days, all soft and lavender.  Covered from hilltop to hilltop in these stunning faint purple flowers.  It's the same field that I see horses graze in from time to time and I've dreamed of photographing them as well.

It's been so drizzly here that Mr. Sunshine has hidden his head and refused to poke it out, even for a moment.  We finally had a break and he chose to play so I chose to chase a dream.

I drove to the field yesterday and started shooting.  I was in heaven.  It couldn't get any better.  I had timed it for the golden hour and had arrived a tad early so I just hung out and played a little.  Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, all of a sudden there they were.  The horses!!!!!!  About 5 of them total!  OMGOOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They were beautiful and so curious :)  I've always loved horses though I've never been able to really do much with them (no farms where I grew up).

I had brought my hubbies iphone so I could play with the camera feature.  I'm SOOOOO getting one!  There are a few apps (free) that I downloaded and they ROCK!  One of them is "instagram" and the other is "funky pics" (I think, he has the phone as I'm writing so I can't dbl check right now).

Popped off a few with both my 5D and the iphone.  SWEET!  Lovin' the iphone stuff.  Makes it sooooo easy to play a little, play quickly (unless it's just so much fun you can't stop) and post.

Here's to fields of flowers, horses, spring, Mr. Sunshine and iphones!  Happy Monday everyone!






Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts