A Word to the Wise and a Challenge for Us Mommas

There is one thing that I severely struggle with when it comes to my camera.  Being on the other side of it.

I tend to be very critical of my hair, my face, my teeth, my weight..... well, to say I don't like to have my picture taken is an understatement.  I actually will go to great lengths to hide, duck and, well honestly.... run away if someone pulls a camera out.

I know this isn't good.  I know that I need to hire someone to photograph me.  Who knows, maybe that will help.  Someone that can make me feel at ease on the other side.  What I do know.... my kids need to see me and have a record of my existence.  I know that they won't look at pictures of us together and think, "Sheesh!  Mom was a lard butt!"  or "DANG!  Look at those discolored teeth and frizzy hair!  I can't believe she's MY mother!" or "I'm SOOO glad I took after my dad!"

I know they love me.  For me.

This is my new challenge (as so I challenge each of us)...  be in the picture with your kids.  Someday, they will want to look back and want to flood their memory banks with how much they love us.  How much they miss us.  They will think, "I'm so grateful I had her for a mom," or "I remember when we were at the slab!", or "I'm so glad she conquered her fear of the camera!"

I was reminded of my need to do this when photographing Miss Gorgeous, aka Hallie.  Her mom is dear to me and I prompted her to get in (along with fab sis, Amy) for a shot.  What a stunning group of girls!  The hesitation was there, but momma agreed and I'm sooo glad she did!  Love ya Cindy!!!  Thanks for being willing to jump in and show your girls how special they are.  Oh, and btw.... we can all see where those amazing girls get their good looks.  And no, it's not from Guy... sorry Guy ;)





Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts