Awash in Sunshine

Fields of yellow Burridge, Coreopsis and Brown-eyed Susans have decided to grace our highways yet again.  They smile at you from the roadside with a few purple tinted Blue Curls and Gay-Feather occasionally poking through, begging for their share of attention.

Red Indian Blankets, teeny periwinkle colored Dayflowers and stunning magenta Winecups certainly refuse to go unnoticed.  And of course, the white, ethereal Prickly Poppy boldly makes her display as her billowy skirts sway in the gentle breezes of the Texas Hill Country spring.

I love spring.  This is what makes our recent 100+ temps bearable (especially while enjoying them from the comfort of the a/c in the minivan).

These fields astounded me at the beginning of spring and I have missed them.  God heard my cry and after some hefty rains, decided to bless us once more.  I have never seen a double spring.  There is no way to convey how incredible it is to look for MILES and see nothing but fields of yellow.

After a very long week of graduation prep and parties and photo shoots, sometimes, you just gotta stop and photograph, smell the flowers.










Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts