Girls ~ the BFTWDAGTH version

One of the biggest blessings I've ever been privileged to have is that we've lived here for almost 12yrs.  Although we weren't military, this was our 12th move, in a 10yr span.  Sometimes I sit in awe that we've actually been in the same state, same town, same HOUSE for that long!

The thing that has meant even more to me than not having to desperately find boxes, not wrapping all the dishes in newspaper then washing and rewashing the sooty look off your hands, and NOT sending out those "cutsie" little "Our Address Has Changed" cards, is something I had missed out on most of my life and it's called friendship :)  Growing up, while I stayed pretty much in the same place, my friends didn't.  I never did get to have the bff that everyone gets to lay claim to.

It's hard to find friends to share life with when you (or they) keep leaving.  This time, ain't gonna happen!  My youngest girl was only 3 months old when we moved here from NM.  I knew that we needed to get connected and quick!  I was already drowning in a sea of flea bites, mosquitoes and humidity (don't ask, puts horror movies to shame).  I wasn't pleased with this move (just ask the hubby or Jesus) and inwardly I was in dire need of something good and wonderful.  Church was a must, ladies groups, mom's groups, something... I needed something, anything!  I would have attended the men's breakfast, if they would have let me.

I won't ever forget that day when I read the announcement in the church bulletin about a Mommies group that was starting.  I went to pick Em up from the nursery and ran smack into a tall, beautiful red-headed lady.  She was another mom also seeking out the leader of that group.   We discovered that we not only had the same first name, but that her son and my son were about the same age, AND her daughter and my youngest daughter were ALSO about the same age!!!

A family friendship was started that I have praised Jesus for every day for the past 12yrs.  The BFTWDAGTH was born.  Best Friends Till We Die And Go To Heaven.  Grace and Em have a sweet friendship (as do their mommas *BIG grin*) and it has been such a special blessing to watch these girls grow into such beautiful young ladies.



The other day, Grace came over and as we pulled into the driveway, I caught a glimpse of the most beautiful light softly streaming through the trees.  TOTAL photo moment!

I grabbed the girls and headed to one of my most favorite spots.... next door :)

This is going to be a three part series.  Grace's hair was so danged cute I decided we HAD to get pictures of it too,  :)  It's totally Pinterest hair!  haha :D  And did you catch a glimpse of those pretty little dots of yellow....?  Can't pass up a field of yellow wildflowers!

I found these 'stache masks at Michael's and thought they'd be sooo fun!

Too cute you two :D

They are so funny together!

I adore this shot of them, such sweet pals.  They are so blessed to have each other still after 12yrs.
Something I sorely missed growing up and so grateful my kids haven't had to do the same.

Stay tuned for vol 2 :)  Coming Wednesday!  Girls ~ The Floral Version

Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. Grace looks so much like her mom!! How awesome God connected your families together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos - old and new! Make me both laugh and cry :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts