Trust...


Sometimes the only thing (and the best thing) you can do is focus on Him and trust that He is guiding your steps.  Praising Jesus that I don't always have to figure it all out :)


This is a shot of the lighthouse out on Lake Buchanan.  Normally the water covers all the ground that you can see.
Our area still desperately needs water and lots of it.  It's already way too hot for my liking and not much rain... Trust....


It's interesting that this is what I had set up to blog about.  As I type, the wildfires in Colorado are raging.  Destroying homes and lives.  I have several friends that live out there.  One of which is a young cadet at the Air Force Academy.  The fire was only about 1.5 miles away from them last night.  The families that live on AFA have been evacuated, but not the cadets.  Trusting Jesus is about all we can do.

A friend posted a snippet from her devotional on FB today and I decided to share it with you all.  It's from her "Jesus Calling" book.

"Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what. Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents...." 

Praying we can trust Him together, praying He stops the fires, praying He keeps Austin, and all my other friends affected by this horrific event, safe and gives them peace.


Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

  1. I so appreciate you sharing that snippet from Jesus Calling.

    I have become so discouraged regarding Waylon and his choices that today I thought about walking away from God. Just tired of believing for my son's salvation only to see Waylon continue to walk further away from God and now to even walk away from his own son.

    I know I need to focus on God but right now, my eyes are too tired to lift heavenward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet friend! Don't give up on him. Or Him. We will all stand in the gap and pray that he changes his path and chooses what Christ would have for his life. I totally understand how you feel, though as a sister, not a mother. Hang in there and be there for Roo. God sees the big picture.... I just wish that sometimes we could get a better glimpse of it too. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts