Rosewood Crescent Hotel, Dallas, Texas ~ Jasmine Star Workshop pt 1

So back in July (ekkk, yes, I said July!) I was able to participate in a workshop with THE photographer that actually showed me I was capable of photographing weddings.  Jasmine, I don't know if you know this, but your Creative Live appearance scared me to death at first (swore I'd never do a wedding!) then after day 2, I realized that I COULD do weddings!  Not only could I do them, I would seriously LOVE doing them!  Weddings encompass so many things I love to photograph...  the story of romance and friendship, joy and excitement, beauty, flowers, architecture, BLING, details, details, and more details!  I even get the occasional chance to photograph adorable kiddos :D  I decided to follow this path and here I am today... weddings are one of my FAVORITE things to capture.

My trip to Dallas was AH-MAZING for so many reasons.  It was a whirlwind of activity and despite getting lost in downtown Dallas, SEVERAL time, (Siri, you can be so lame sometimes) I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I learned so much and walked away with a TON to think about.  In fact, I decided I'd do this in several rounds :)  This post is primarily about the workshop and some photos of Jasmine and JD in action.  I'll blog the shots I was lucky enough to capture of this amazing couple (hard when you're battling 21 other photographers to get some shots, lol!) in another post.  Then will come the post about my family time while in Dallas.  OMGoodness!  That was soooo fabulous!

While this workshop was primarily about the business and things I needed to do, changes I needed to make and things I realized I was actually already doing right (yay!), the shoot was definitely one of the highlights for me.  Even so, I think that if I'm being totally honest, the dinner that night.... that was the absolute best!  I mean, who can beat sitting next to JD and learning all about how his and Jasmine's school counselor hooked them up and their big Starbucks first date?!?!  And then getting to hang with Jasmine and everyone trading stories of our experiences.  I LOVE to laugh and boy did we ever!

Thank you Jasmine for your "realness", thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.  JD, thank you for sharing with her and being her assistant, second shooter, supporter and yet still your own person.  Thank you both for planting the idea in my head that my hubby could someday join me on this journey and that now, we can take this path together, just like you are.

Thank you so much Nate and Loren for sharing this special day with us (Loren's bday of all things!).  And TONs of thanks to the vendors that made this all possible!

Incredible Venue in Dallas, Texas:  Rosewood Crescent Hotel
Bride and Groom:  Loren and Nate, a real couple that just got married after this shoot, and of course, both are actual models!
Hair and makeup were done by Maitee Miles
Both Nate and Loren's attire were provided by The Bridal Salon at Stanley Korshak
That GORGEOUS lace gown was designed by Nha Khan
The stunning bouquet of Peonies were created by Bella Flora of Dallas

Torsos touching!  Huge suggestion I took away from this workshop!

We could not have been in a more perfect scenario,  a wall of windows,
gorgeous architecture, a stunning couple, what isn't to like LOVE?!?!


JD and Jasmine situating our lovely couple for the next set.

It's all in the little things too, gotta make sure that STUNNING dress is perfect!


Those hands are so hard to nail sometimes.  Awesome to see this in action.
Wish I could have videotaped it in my head.
I definitely won't forget the "hand of death" though!

The things we do to get the shot :)

I had a wonderful time!  Hope an alumni workshop will really happen some day!
(photo credit JD Delatorre and Jasmine Star)


Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts