Snow In Texas


So it seems that around this time of year (eh, fall through winter) I tend to get buried in proverbial snow.  At first it's the soft kind of snowfall that's almost missed as it flutters gently to the ground.  It starts to pick up a bit and you know it's not going to be just a light dusting.  You get SOOOO excited when you see a soft blanket appear and you just know deep inside... there might be enough in the morning to make a snowman soon!

You go to bed with dreams of snow angels, hot cocoa, frozen fingers and firelight.  You wake up to a blizzard.  It's snowing so heavily that you can't see the front steps and you know it's time to just hunker down, enjoy the beautiful sight and trust that tomorrow you'll get to play in it.

I live in a place that gets basically no snow.  I USED to live in some glorious mountains that provided that feathery winter escape, often.  I miss it.  However, proverbial snow isn't quite as glamorous.  It can be tons of fun but the getting buried indoors and waiting out the blizzard gets, well... rather claustrophobic.

I've been working on several things and fall sessions kept me so busy that I hunkered down and have been waiting out the blizzard so to speak.  Well, the blog has a new look (finally!) and it's about to get hit.  There's a whole lotta lotta that's got to make it's way onto this blog, lol!

Get ready for snow angels, hot cocoa and firelight.  Well, maybe not.  Maybe just a few blog posts, teehee :)  I know, sorry to bum you out, I want snow too.  Looks like it won't be happening with our 70-80 degree temps we seem to keep getting here.  We can always dream though, right?  :)

<3 Jen


His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts