New Building ~ Asbestos Abatement and a BIG surprise!

When blood sucking fleas, gargantuan spiders and nasty scorpions started to find their way into my brand new little home, I counted my lucky stars and heavenly blessings that my hubby kills these things for a living.  I seriously don't know what I would do without him (for multiple reasons of course 😍 ).  He started ACI Pest & Lawn Solutions almost 16yrs ago (April 2002) and I have greatly benefitted from his expertise!

When we bought our house in 2000 the WDI report came back with conducive conditions for termites.  Trust won out and we didn't make them do a treatment (I won't go into details on all that).  In the spring after we moved in, I started doing laundry only to run into the house (yes, laundry room was out on the porch and has henceforth been remodeled) to grab one more item to drop in the wash and was met with a washing machine FULLLLLLLL of these flying nasties!  I FREAKIN' FREAKED OUT, bolted inside, slammed the door shut and frantically called my hubby.  He realized immediately that we indeed had a massive swarm and termite infestation going on.  Guess who got to do a full blown treatment on our house...  Thank goodness no activity since then!

Why all this bug talk?  Normally I try not to include a lot of drama here but I really think people need to know what can happen and how to be prepared, aware and educated!  As you well know, we recently bought a building and are going through a reno process.  Greg knew there were termites but for some funny reason we still bought the place (you would think we would have learned by now, lol)!  We knew it had asbestos too but since we put it in God's hands and He didn't put the brakes on this thing, we moved forward (this is definitely a faith walk).  My previous updates show what the property looked like before abatement.  This one will show the aftermath of that process.  You are gonna freak (watch the video!)!  Lucky for us, most of the interior walls were already getting demo'd anyway 🙌

I'm including a video because you won't believe how BAD this infestation was just by seeing a few photos.  Please, please, if you purchase a building, call your local pest control company and do a termite inspection.  IF they tell you it has conducive conditions and recommend a treatment, DO. IT.












His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts