New Building ~ video update

I just watched an episode of "Holmes on Homes" and it's really made me think.  There are so many questions and things I would never have thought to ask.  Some of which we are finding out for sure.  This won't be the last update like this (sure to be an issue in any kind of reno project).  There isn't a ton to report as we are waiting on the framer to finish.  Garrett has promised we'll be done in 90 days and we are excited and doing everything we can to join forces and make that happen.

So, since I can't really give you updated photos, I thought a video of what's changed would be fun.

A few things we have learned this week about the reno process:

1. If you are doing an SBA loan, go for it.  The bank will make sure you are choosing good people and will keep them in tow financially.  Not all contractors need this and it can be quite the headache (as we are discovering) but it makes me feel secure knowing they have our backs.
2. If you do an SBA loan, be prepared for lots of red tape and hassle! I personally feel it's worth it because they think of things that we didn't and I'm so glad they do.   On "Homes on Homes"You hear about contractors and subs that take the money and run... SBA won't let that happen.  Trust me on this, they hold some tight purse strings, almost too tight.  It's made this process a challenge for our contractor but we are super grateful for his patience and willingness to work with them and us.  I think we will all walk away having learned a ton more things from this process for sure.
3. Exposed trusses are cool.
4. It's ok to get excited over new things.
5. Don't stress if new things don't happen every day.
6. Take time to be present and check on the progress at least every few days.
7. Remember this is your property, be in the know.
8. Find a great contractor, get references, look at their work, make sure they are licensed (I'm sure HoH has additional info on this) and know who you are hiring.  We did and so happy we have G.Gray Services.  I truly feel that Garrett has our back and wants to see this project move along as much as we do :D

Happy #fixerupperfriday everyone!!!



His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts