New Building ~ Taking a Walk on the ACI Side

I mentioned last week that I was finally getting to choose some of the fun things on the inside of the building and that I was going to be sharing those with you.  There still isn't much more to update you on for the exterior or interior status as we are awaiting the replacement windows before we can really finish much.  The struggle is REAL people.  What keeps me excited and hopeful though is getting to make all these super fun design decisions.

So without further ado I'd LOVE to take you on a walk through my plans for Greg's DIY Retail Pest Control Outlet side of the building.

We are still going with the same window style, trim style and paint colors as I mentioned in my previous post but I definitely have some super cool ideas for the inside of his space.  I'm going for a very clean, modern, industrial feel so the white is a perfect backdrop.

On the south east side of ACI, we will have a TV on the wall running product info, etc. and may have a small seating area there as well.  Not sure yet.

Since this is going to be a retail space, we have to nail down how we will be displaying products.  I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and found two super sweet storage units.  They were marked way down and fit our industrial feel perfectly.  I don't have a great shot of the exact ones I got (will show them at the final reveal) but the one below is similar.  Ours are metal ladders that mount to the wall and the baskets are rimmed on top with a strip of wood.  I'll be adding chalkboard signs like the image below.  The one I'm showing here can be found at Hayneedle for around $200.  I got mine for about $50ea!  STEAL!
 Ladder Hanging Baskets Hayneedle
While the two ladder units will be placed on the left (south) wall between the windows, we will be doing much larger units on the huge center (north) wall.  Because our needs are pretty unique, I'm looking at possibly creating our own units.  I love the idea of utilizing galvanized piping and wood shelves.  Something like these is what I'd love to have (yay Pinterest!).  I think it would be amazing to have them "hang" from the trusses and be "off" the floor.  It would be mounted on the wall as well (safety first!) but would be kept open at the bottom for easy cleaning.


I'm planning on printing off a few of my favorite bug photos on metal and displaying them randomly within the shelves to break up the monotony of the products.  Adding some pops of color would also be great since we have such a neutral pallet.


I really think that we need something special as a display unit for the center of the room and I LOVE this table from The Rustic Edge, however $3,000 for one table is NOT going to happen on our budget.  I'm toying with doing something similar with pipe and rounds.  I have something super special in mind for the top tier but will be saving that for the reveal post 😁


One of my greater struggles was WHAT to do for the sales counter.  We have a ton of pallets so I thought maybe I could find an old dresser and attach the pallet boards to the back to create something like this...


Greg and I went to San Marcos to take photos of a precious baby girl one of my Faith Academy students gave birth to and afterward we shopped around the outlet mall.  We were going to take his car (I hella LOVE his car!) but at the last minute I decided we should take mine juuuust in case we found anything we wanted to buy and needed the space to haul it home.  You will NOT believe what God did!  We checked out the West Elm Store and low and behold, we came across the PERFECT piece for our space.  I'm telling you... PERFECT!  It was exactly the height I needed (I've struggled to figure that out, thought I'd have to add a "shelf" on top of a dresser or something), the perfect length, width and is finished on both sides, in reclaimed wood!!!  There's a small chunk missing from behind the cabinet door and it's missing a handle but who cares?  It normally sells for almost $2,000 and we got ours for $475!  The sucker even fit PERFECTLY in the back of my car!  If you don't believe in miracles, you better start now because I'm telling you, this was a miracle 🙌


I'm still working on the desk situation and again, we have specific needs that I can't seem to find available for a reasonable price (shocker, right...?!).  So we may just be implementing our same "pipe/wood" idea and creating something similar to this...


And wouldn't that be stunning with chairs like this from World Market?!?!   Def not cheap but if I save enough $$$ on other things, we jusssst might be able to get these 💓  And if you think about it, they really aren't much more than other rolling office chairs at only $250ea.


We will be mounting a wall fan for our crew and while it's not terribly exciting, we love the one we have in our kitchen.  It can get hot out here, even with a/c so having a fan can help a ton!

We will also be adding this super cool coat rack from the Container Store.  The arms fold in so you only use the ones you need.  I have something similar I'll be using on my side.


I think there is only one more thing I need to share for this space and that's lighting.  We are doing the same track lighting as mentioned last week but I'm doing something special over the sales counter.  I was in Tuesday Morning and ran across two of these geometric lights and they were almost exactly what I had hoped to find!  AND... they were on clearance at only $45/ea, regularly $90.  I'm telling you, mir-a-cles!  


So, there you go!  The ACI side, spelled out in detail.  I am so excited to get it done, lol!

Things I've learned this week...
  • 1.  Pray for bargains!
  • 2.  Prayer works.
  • 3.  Pray for peace, strength and patience.  He's faithful to bless 💕
  • 4.  Miracles still happen!
  • 5.  Keep the faith.  Eventually this move will happen and we'll be looking back on it all, laughing at all the stuff that went down, and rejoicing that He brought us through it.

Happy #fixerupperfriday everyone!  



His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts