New Building ~ Bumbling Through

Hey hey!  It's #fixerupperfriday!  So much to share this week.  First, here are the updates going on:

1.  The cabinets have been stained and the countertop is on.  I'm going to do a light gray wash over the cabinets to age them a little but you'll get a good idea of what they look like from the photos.




2.  The front doors are on and the siding is installed!  They still have to finish the stucco on the front and redo the stone between the doors and the metal poles on the columns will be painted a darker primer gray.  The lights still have to go up on the columns as well.

3.  The floor is in :D (it's covered so no good photos of it).

4.  The interior doors are installed (waiting for paint).

5.  Trim is up (waiting for paint).

6.  Windows are all installed.

It's been so cool to see things happening for sure but I've still had a ton of decisions to make (seems I've been living/breathing this process for months!).  It also seems that many of my hours on the internet may have been spent in vain because we seem to keep running into problems with ordering the fixtures and items I've chosen so we have to scramble and look for something else.  This is also affecting the budget.  Oh. Joy.

This week especially has been a bumble and scramble week.  Here is what I've been bumbling through the most...  The bathroom design has had to change a bit and I've been trying to nail down the design for SHP (more with furniture than other things).

I've had in my head how big the bathroom space will be (about a 7'5" square) and haven't really kept in mind how SMALL the sink area is because of ADA requirements (29").  That changes sooooo many things!  The mirror I ordered is bigger than the counter and since the counter is attached to the side wall, the mirror would stick out too much on the left side.  Also, because the counter is so small, there is really no where to put pendant lights because they'd run right into the mirror and putting one to either side of the mirror would look so odd!  I am now having to return my beautiful Hobby Lobby mirror and switching for this more rustic one from Kirkland's.  I actually liked it a ton several months ago but thought it'd be too small so I got the other one, ha!  Joke was definitely on me 

SO, keeping in mind the size of the space, the amount of light we need to keep it from feeling like a cave, and the industrial style I'm going for, (and because it kinda looks like a spider and is a funky spin of the pest control business) I've decided on this cool fixture from Amazon.  It def helps that it's the least expensive option I had narrowed down to.


I have a lot of amazing things happening on the SHP side and am hoping to compile those soon so I can share the decor plan with you all.  My FAVORITE part of this whole thing, lol!

Things I've learned this week:

1.  Nothing is set in stone.
2.  You may have to change your plan.
3.  You may have to change the new plan too...
4.  Pay attention to every. single. thing. in a space and measure, measure, measure!

Until next week, have a good one and thanks for hanging out with me on this journey!

Happy #fixerupperfriday





His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts