New Building ~ Potty Time!

This week, we will travel through the bathroom :D  I bet you couldn't have figured that one out at all  Ok, don't hate my silly puns.  It's all I have sometimes, lol!  

I LOVE the industrial look of cement coupled with warmer materials like wood, leather, natural fibers and old world gold (aka antique gold).  I fell in love with the look below and it shocked me when I realized I had inadvertently chosen almost every single identical element for our bathroom.


Let's start from the top and work our way down.  First of all, I chose to do the three walls you see when you first walk in the same gray we have chosen for other areas of the space.  I will be doing a faux wash over them to help create the "cement" look.  The ceiling and the wall with the door will be white.  While I love the idea of the cement, I definitely don't want people to feel like they are entombed.

I found almost an identical mirror at Hobby Lobby.  God be praised, I happened to be on the site when mirrors were 50% of AND free shipping!
The lights kinda floored me as I had purchased these from Tuesday Morning simply because they were on clearance (paid about $20ea) and I fell in love with them.  I figured I'd put them in the bathroom and when I saw the image above, I realized they are the EXACT same style, just a different color than the inspiration image!  *mind blown*


I also fell in love with this sink setup below.  Since we have to be ADA compliant and can't have a deep counter or bottom shelf, we will have a thin counter and a vessel sink (similar to inspiration image above).  Our sink will be rectangular in shape.  I feel that a round one is harder to contain water and splashing and with the round mirror and lights, I felt I needed to break up all the circles a little.


One of the things I love about her set up is the warmer gold fixture and "P" trap.  I found a touchless faucet and the designer from above sink inspiration purchased this modern looking bottle trap for under the sink and spray painted it.  I'm a HUGE fan of spray paint so I'm going to give it a go.

 gold touchless faucet
The flooring will be the same throughout the entire building.  I haven't shown it to you all yet because I had planned on using a different flooring (same as what I have in my current studio) but after purchasing, they discovered it's too think for our current slab situation and we had to change to a more structured, interlocking floor.  My precious friend, Cindy, came with me and we hung out all day as we traversed Marble Falls deciding on flooring and other items.  She was a huge help and we finally chose this Smart Core flooring called Cottage Oak from Lowes.



I'm considering something like this for paper towels

Handrails made from galvanized pipe.


and I LOVE this idea for toilet paper.... we always need someplace safe for the phone!


Last but not least, a cutest little fake cactus from Ross because if you know me at all, you know I have the brownest thumb in the USA!


Happy #fixerupperfriday everyone!










His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts