New Building ~ updates and heart stuff

Well, my streak is gone I suppose.  I know many of you have been looking forward to the weekly #fixerupperfriday posts and I missed last week.  I was contemplating skipping this week's as well for a multitude of reasons but felt it would be wrong to do so and needed to put something out there in spite of it all.

Because of things I can't currently discuss we are still not completed.  I think the hardest thing about this process is knowing that God has a plan and while we really felt He led us in the right direction, and He probably did, I'm beginning to realize it may not be for the reasons we had hoped.  Amazing how His ways are not our ways.  Honestly.... that kinda sucks.  We all want a smooth ride in life.  But instead we are allowed to be in situations that require growth and patience, forgiveness and love.  Dang that's hard.  And that really does suck sometimes.

  • We work hard to build a life for our family, trying to do all we can to make everyone's dreams become reality.

  • We work hard to grow as a couple and keep our marriages together, despite outside circumstances.

  • We have babies and raise them to adulthood hoping we have given and done enough to help them succeed.

  • We invest time and money into our future hoping along the road that we are making all the correct choices.  Stressing over this or that.  All the time wanting it all to be a smooth process.

  • We rescue kitties planning on giving them a better life, we hope to help our neighbors to elongate theirs.

REALITY CHECK: Smooth just ain't gonna happen in this world.

  • We will have to deal with things like cars crashing into buildings.

  • Babies growing up WAY too fast.  Suddenly leaving home to start their own lives.  Leaving us tempted to be worriers instead of warriors.

  • Having to adjust our lives because something doesn't go the way we planned.

  • Mistakes that are made and being faced with how to move forward.

  • People that drive us crazy and people that we drive crazy.

  • Rescued kitties still get sick and can dislocate a hip and a neighbor may pass away or move way before you want them to.

Life being lived in a fallen world is just that, fallen.  It won't be perfect.  It simply just won't be.  It's our job, as believers, to do the very best we can to love people where they are, trust God has this and cares about us, forgive others for what they do to us or our loved ones, move forward in faith.  Can I be honest with you?  That sucks.  It simply does.  It's HARD!  I fail all the time in each of these areas.  I'm grateful I have a husband that loves me, is committed to me and our marriage (or this process would have killed it for sure).  I'm so blessed that even though I drive him crazy and we tend to be opposite sides of this "see-saw" we call life, if we try hard enough, working together, we can balance each other out, hang together in that balance, and celebrate our togetherness.  Now, if only we could accomplish all this while giggling and snickering like a couple of five year olds on the playground, ha!

There is no photo and fun design update on the building, not super cool stuff anyway.  Today is mainly a reflective heart day about this whole process.  However, I will give a few updates and at least ONE photo (though more has been done since it was taken) :)



  • The inside is almost done (several items still need completing that I won't go into detail on). 

  • We are waiting for the sign to go in.

  • After the sign goes in, the asphalt can be done.

  • Stone and stucco needs to be finished and touched up (center area between the doors has been changed to all Fiberon instead of stucco and stone, much better!).

  • Address and suite numbers need to be put above the doors (lights have been installed on columns and metal bars painted darker gray, just not shown here).

I think that's it.  Inspector is coming back on the 14th I believe so all must be completed at that time?  Again, my brain is a little sketchy on that detail, sorry.

When my heart isn't so heavy with life's version of the "see-saw" I will provide you with truly updated photos and the design plan for the SHP side.  That is something I've been so excited to share but just haven't had the chance to do so.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a post up on Friday next week but I'll try.  If not, look for one in the days shortly after ;)

Happy #fixerupperfriday y'all and remember... just keep balancing ;)




His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts