New Building ~ The Shell

So I know it's been a while since you've seen a true, photographic update.  I don't have much to show you but what I do have is pretty cool.

The sign is finally going in!  The rain has held things up a bit (good lolly, the park flooded, that's a TON of rain!).  We are now waiting for the Fiberon siding to be installed to finish it out (along with the address numbers so people can actually find us, haha!).  The Fiberon will be "filling" in the areas below the sign and to the left of it.  That is also where the address numbers will be going. 


I'll be sharing a post soon about my new logo you may have noticed on my sign!  It's been quite a journey to get here but I feel it's fantastic and I can't wait to share it with you all!

The exterior of the building has changed a bit as well.  Since we had to change the original exterior plan due to budget constraints, it's been a "figure it out as we go" scenerio.  We were going to have the Fiberon wrap all around the building but fitting a $10,000 exterior into a budgeted $2,000 exterior wasn't happening.  We decided to utilize the Fiberon only on the front (who really sees the sides as much anyway?!).  We chose to do a stucco finish on the sides.  We then discovered the Fiberon pros recommended wrapping the stucco around to meet the Fiberon on the front.  We changed things and did that only to run into concerns about the water table we chose to do; keep it on the sides only, carry it to the front, change the front to brown...?  We carried it to the front but having it in a tiny space between the two doors was just... well, just weird.  Since they had to take the stone off that area for other reasons we decided to just carry the Fiberon all the way down the middle and I couldn't be more thrilled!  Perfect solution!


We also decided early on to have some accent lighting in addition to the lighted columns.  It was originally going to be puc lights but those had to change to led strips.  I think the special lighting will def help get this building noticed at night no matter the style.


I was lucky to have such a pretty sunset last night as I tried to get a shot of the building at dusk.  I only had the iphone so it's not the best quality but it'll work, lol!

Happy #fixerupperfriday everyone!



His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over me.   ♥   Matthew 10:29-31

Comments

Popular Posts