Instagram and Inspiration

So, a photographer should be about photography, right?  I'm finding that somehow, I've been forced into becoming a computer geek, social media freak, and general busified nut lately more than a photographer.  There are SOOOOO many social media things out there.  What do you do, how much time do you spend on it all, how do you keep sane???

When I see another one pop up, my normal reaction is.... *whine* "not ANOTHER one".  Well, I found one more that I actually LOVE!  Wait, LOVE????  Yeppers, LOVE!  *drumroll* it's INSTAGRAM!  Duh ;)

I've always enjoyed the ease of using my cell phone to grab a fun image and play with it (I adore just playin' around, haha!) and Instagram lets me do that.  Honestly, it drives me to enjoy photography, for me.  It also let's me be creative without all the techno stuff getting in the way.  AND it takes the pressure to be perfect.... off!  WHOOT WHOOT!!!  I'm such a perfectionist that I'll take an entire day to perfect a blog post. Drives me nuts that I'm driven that way (as I'm sure my family would whole-heartedly agree) but I am, and I am ok with that.  For the most part that is.

I've sorely miss the simplicity of just being inspired and being able to share that inspiration with others.  There are so many fun things out there to take pictures of, to play with, and just enjoy.  So, I'm introducing sparrow's heart | INSPIRED.

The Instagram version of what inspires me that is.  Sparrow's Heart..on the fly so to speak (don't I just kill you with my incredible wit?!?) ;)

Now, there's more than just Instagram out there to play with, I understand that.  I have several different apps that I'm messing with and playing around on.  AND.... very soon I will become an iPhoner and I can't wait to actually get BETTER images at BETTER resolution!  Dang it.... techno stuff again.  Blah, blah, blah.

I was playing with the hubbies iPhone and I really think I like it much better than my Droid (sorry Motorola).  It'll take some getting used to and I need to decide if I want to get switched now, or if I wanna hold out to see if the new one will come out within the next few months.  I sense a "Victorious" parody coming on.  I just know that the minute I go get it, the newest version will be launched the next day.  GAH!

Anyhoo, here's a fun shot of the flowers outside Starbucks :)  I have I mentioned lately, I simply ADORE playing!



Here's a little peek at the gallery for now.  Gotta find the right app to watermark, but that's the kind of technology that actually gives me joy :)

Do yourself a favor, go have fun and play today!



Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts