Kiss and Tell: Avoiding the Winter Blahs...

Here I am.  In Texas.  A mountain girl at heart.  Missing her mountains.  And her snow.  Instead of snow, I have amazing sunsets, bluebonnets, and cedar.  Cedar, one of my nemesis's and at the top of my list right now.  While I LOVE watching that glorious winter sun set, I am now paying for it.  My nose is rebelling in spite of a Zyrtec, a Chlortrimeton, homeopathic allergy meds and NOW, an allegra.  (Don't ask how many tissues I've gone through in the last few hours).

All this has started to make me crazy (well, either the cedar or all the meds...?).  I am DYING to have some snow (real stuff that stays for longer than 10 minutes) so I can photograph my girls in it.  And it's not looking too good for either at this point.

While we did have a white Christmas in Ft. Worth, Hannah was down with food poisoning and I didn't have any props for Em to use, we didn't even have gloves O.o (besides, she was having too much fun playing in it with her cousins and would have DIED if I'd asked her to pose for me, lol!).

So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and chase my winter blahs away.  How may you ask?  By making my own snow, haha!

I have some snow overlays (courtesy Florabella actions!) and I thought I'd play a little with one of the recent wedding images I have (this one is from my second shooter, Toni :).  I chose this one because the ground isn't showing.  I don't think brown ground would convince anyone it was snowing, lol.


Straight out of camera (SOOC)
(After some fixes in RAW)
Adding a little action or two from Florabella,
(Ice Tone and Sheer Haze)
Now for the snow fun.  I used more stuff from Florabella
(Winter and Snow overlay)
And now, for a little punch...my favorite... flare ;)


Here's the before and after together...


Fake snow can be fun, but I'm still gonna pray and hold out for some real stuff :)
I want it more than ever now, lol!

Happy, Happy Monday and Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!





Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts