Walk with God: Dreamer

Making sense of life takes determination.  Determination takes patience.  Patience takes focus.  These walks with God give me a major jolt in this department.

I struggle with the dreams He plants in my heart.  I want to see them fulfilled but feel lost in making it happen.  Duh.  He's the dream giver, He will be the one to see it come to pass.  My job, listen and be obedient.  How hard is that?

I opened my "Jesus Calling" book by Sarah Young this morning (I'm a little behind oh well) to January 5th.  I think I just might keep it marked at this spot and read it every time I open the book, no matter what day I'm on.

"You can achieve the victorious life through living in deep dependence on Me.  People usually associate victory with success; not falling or stumbling, not making mistakes.  But those who are successful in their own strength  tend to go their own way, forgetting about Me.  It is through problems and failure, weakness and neediness, that you learn to rely on Me.


True dependence is not simply asking Me to bless what you have decided to do.  It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you.  I may infuse within you a dream that seems far beyond your reach.  You know that in yourself you cannot achieve such a goal.  Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me.  It is a faith-walk, taken one step at a time, leaning on Me as much as you need.  This is not a path of continual success but of multiple failures.  However, each failure is followed by a growth spurt, nourished by increased reliance on Me.  Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life through deepening your dependence on Me."




I needed this today.  Have a blessed Monday.  The dreams He's given you... give them back and watch Him cultivate them and show you how He's going to grow them ♥

Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts