Dallas Workshop, Le Meridien ~ Family Style

Greg and I made several "not so good" decisions early in our marriage.  The primary one being financial.  Then when he started the pest biz, it was honestly a day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute trust walk.  God has worked on us, forgiven us, and moved us beyond our mistakes!  Today, we are almost debt free and finally able to start taking a few trips with the family.  It's hard knowing that we missed out on a lot when our kiddos were young but as He promises, He makes all things work together for good, for those that love Him.

This summer, my family was able to accompany me to Dallas when I went to Jasmine's workshop (part 1 and part 2).  They visited family during the time I was at the Rosewood and then I joined them afterward.  One of the most wonderful parts of this trip was being able to take my family to a hotel.  This is something that we NEVER do and to be able to stay in one as nice as Le Meridien, that was a major treat!  I didn't choose to stay at the Rosewood since the cost was way too high for all of us but out of all the ones closest to the area, this was one of the most reasonably priced (see, still thinking about the bottom line).   AND it was literally across the street from the Galleria, only the largest mall we've ever been to!  We didn't realize it had an ice skating rink so none of us were prepared to skate (next time!) but it was still a ton of fun!

We definitely enjoyed hanging out at the mall while waiting for Greg to join us but the best part was Le Meridien!  The kids were floored!  Heck, I was floored!  It was crazy cool.  Metal, gray, modern, and TONS of floors!  The glass elevators were especially cool and I'm sure there's a guest or two still shaking their heads about our silliness in "looking" down as the bottom level rose quickly to meet us ;)

Seeing the thrill on their faces as we went through the revolving door or had a doorman open it for us, stepping into the enormous foyer, stepping into our major mod room complete with gaming remote and TV's in both rooms (wall separated the living and sleeping quarters), opening the fridge and microwave (yes, they experienced everything, lol!), seeing the crazy cool view from our floor, visiting the high style bathroom and plunging into the pool made all of this worth it.  The hard work, the perseverance, the pulling way back on the budgets, it's all definitely been worth it.  I think my children have grown up understanding that these things aren't a given.  You don't just get to have it all.  You have to work hard and be smart.

I realize that for some of you, you may think I'm getting a tad dramatic about a silly hotel but when you realize how long it's taken us to get here and how tragic things were about 12yrs ago (we at one point had to get state assistance and eat moldy bread that was donated), you'd understand that a simple thing like a hotel can make you feel like a queen.  One thing we've learned through all this is that once you've had nothing, you learn when to really spend it.  And to appreciate the little things you do have.

This October, we will be taking a mini vacation to Maryland.  My nephew is getting married and we've been saving for over a year for our plane tickets.  This will be the first time the kids will get to experience air travel, WAHOO!  We can NOT wait!



About to head to the Galleria and got at least one shot of my kiddos.
Hard when they are at that age where they don't want to have their picture taken, lol!

























Photo credit goes to my girl, I was about to head out to the mixer for the workshop that night
so we had to capture the moment... and the outfit, lol!  I've also worked hard over the last year
to get healthy and have lost around 50lbs doing so.  Lots to celebrate!


Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—
a place near Your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.   ♥   Psalm 84:3

Comments

Popular Posts